Introducing QAFM's Brand New Kids' Program
Kids are at the root of everything we do...
So, we created an event just for them. We're launching Roots to Shoots, a weekly event for kids ages 3-12. Each week, kids will have a chance to complete an activity, try two bites of delicious, local produce, get their market passport stamped, and then get $2 to spend at the market on fruits and vegetables. Roots to Shoots focuses on getting kids:
- learning about our local food system.
- trying fruits and vegetables they might not have tried before.
- spending money with our local farmers.
We'll have monthly themes and will update this page weekly with what to expect at market for the coming week.
Important Information To Note:
- Roots to Shoots runs all 20 weeks, from June 1 to October 12 at the Kids' Tent from 4:00pm-6:00pm.
- Children must have a parent or guardian signature to participate in the program and must be observed by their parent or guardian while at the tent.
- $2 coupons are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and are for fruits and vegetables only.
- Have an older child that wants to participate? Have them help us in the tent as a volunteer! They can get their service hours finished this summer and helping run a kids' program at a farmers market looks GREAT on college resumes. Sign up here.
- Have any questions? Shoot us an email at email@example.com.