Introducing QAFM's Brand New Kids' Program
Kids are at the root of everything we do...
So, we created an event just for them. We're launching Roots to Shoots, a weekly event for kids ages 3-12. Each week, kids will have a chance to complete an activity, try two bites of delicious, local produce, get their market passport stamped, and then get $2 to spend at the market on fruits and vegetables. Roots to Shoots focuses on getting kids:
- learning about our local food system.
- trying fruits and vegetables they might not have tried before.
- spending money with our local farmers.
We'll have monthly themes and will update this page weekly with what to expect at market for the coming week.
Join us for the Roots to Shoots Kick-off and Radish Race on June 1!
More information soon. Stay tuned!
Important Information To Note:
- Roots to Shoots runs all 20 weeks, from June 1 to October 12 at the Kids' Tent from 4:00pm-6:00pm.
- Children must have a parent or guardian signature to participate in the program and must be observed by their parent or guardian while at the tent.
- $2 coupons are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and are for fruits and vegetables only.
- Have an older child that wants to participate? Have them help us in the tent as a volunteer! They can get their service hours finished this summer and helping run a kids' program at a farmers market looks GREAT on college resumes. Sign up here.
- Have any questions? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.