Kids are at the root of everything we do...
So, we created an event just for them. 2017 was our inaugural year, and it was an incredible success: over 500 kids participated and $3,000 was spent on fresh fruits and vegetables. We're excited to continue Roots to Shoots in 2018. This weekly event is for kids ages 3-12. They will have a chance to complete an activity, try two bites of delicious, local produce, get their market passport stamped, and get $2 to spend at the market on fruits and vegetables. Roots to Shoots focuses on getting kids:
- learning about our local food system.
- trying fruits and vegetables they might not have tried before.
- spending money with our local farmers.
We'll have monthly themes and weekly activities planned. Subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter for updates!
Important Information To Note:
- Roots to Shoots runs all 19 weeks, from June 7 to October 11 at the Kids' Tent.
- Children must have a parent or guardian signature to participate in the program and must be observed by their parent or guardian while at the tent.
- $2 coupons are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and are for fruits and vegetables only.
- Have an older child that wants to participate? Have them help us in the tent as a volunteer! They can get their service hours finished this summer and helping run a kids' program at a farmers market looks GREAT on college resumes. Sign up here.
- Have any questions? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.